HELP! Need CC phone number for AROTC!

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by jagabiti, Apr 25, 2011.

  1. jagabiti

    jagabiti Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2010
    Messages:
    239
    Likes Received:
    0
    DS has been trying to get his 4 year AROTC scholarship transferred. He has sent in his request 6 weeks or so ago and recently has been calling a number he got for CC and keeps getting the same person who says to call back. Very nice lady but all of our emails go unanswered. May 1st is the deadline for one school and we are afraid that if the transfer is granted then he'll get bumped to a 3 year which we can not afford. Does anyone know who we can call for help or answers if it gets approved that the 4 year will go to 3. Also if it gets approved does and it is a 3 year does he get the option to keep his 4 year at the school he received it at in the first place? We are really worried since no one is helping us even the school he rec'd the scholarship to or the school he wants to transfer to. We are feeling a little lost at this point. HELP! Thanks everyone!
     
  2. bjc

    bjc Member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2011
    Messages:
    118
    Likes Received:
    0
    http://www.rotc.usaac.army.mil/brigades.html

    Try this link - it's the Brigade listing for Cadet Command. Click on the Brigade that your DS is in (below the picture) and then call the Recruiting number listed. Good luck! :smile:
     
  3. hopeful_mom

    hopeful_mom Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    We were told that our DS's application for transfer was on hold, with several others and that the budget was a concern. The Division Chief was looking at all the numbers and that they needed to see more clearly who was accepting and declining the offers given. I doubt that the decision will be made by May 1st. We put in for an extension at both schools. Got one not the other. We will be depositing at the school that the scholarship was originally given and then hoping for the best. By the way, I think that CC would let you know if the only option was to switch to a 3 year and then I would hope that you would get to choose. Also, we have not gotten much in the way of a reply, but did get some information from the scholarship director that is in charge of the 1st and 2nd Battalion. Hope this helps.
     
  4. dunninla

    dunninla Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1,866
    Likes Received:
    5
    Contact admissions at your #1 choice and let them know you need an extension to the 5/1/11 SIR date as you are waiting for an outside scholarship from ROTC, that is full pay to the school.

    If they don't cooperate, screw 'em ... SIR to them (and your 4 year school) and withdraw the SIR from the #1 choice if you don't get the 4 year there. Schools that don't cooperate with a legitimate need don't deserve the courtesy of a legit SIR. SIR'ing is a courtesy, not a legal requirement. Let 'em keep your $300 or $500 or whatever the downpayment is if the ROTC scholarship doesn't transfer. That's your only downside.
     

Share This Page