Liaison officer for academy applications (Navy and Air Force) is same person as did ROTC interview. He told son he is good bet for ROTC scholarship but detach commander wanted to know if he really wanted a service academy; and he'd have TWO WEEKS to accept the scholarship. If the academy was his first choice, they'd hold off on scholarship. What the heck? I hate this: we MIGHT offer you a scholarship but not if you MIGHT go to an academy. I thought you said yes to all offers as they came in. Most qualified, nominated academy applicants don't get an appointment, so what right do they have to put a kid in such an impossible place? I thought it was ok to unaccept ROTC scholarship upon securing a service academy appointment? Any advice?