Hello. First off, I applied to the Air Force Academy last year. Well, mostly. I never felt that I was nearly as physically conditioned as I should have been, so I let the date slip and never took the CFA. I received a nomination from my district Representative, and I completed all the other aspects of the application. Naturally, I was not selected because the application was not entirely complete. So, I had to figure out another way to attend college. I always knew I wanted to go to The Citadel if I didn't make it to USAFA, so I applied there and was accepted. I also applied for an Army ROTC scholarship, and received a four-year to The Citadel. I accepted the offer. After some deep soul-searching, I have come to the conclusion that the Army simply is not for me. I don't like the culture, at all. It is an honorable path to take in life, but it just is not for me. So, I've decided that I am going to re-apply to the Air Force Academy. I am currently quite far along on that path already. My problem is that I know that I need to attend college to bolster my academic and athletic record while I am re-applying to USAFA, but I can't afford it without the Army scholarship. I don't really feel immoral or anything if I take their money for a year just as a means to make it to the Academy. My question is this: should I notify my instructors that I have as my intention to attend the Air Force Academy and not stay at The Citadel? If they are supportive, I can see the prospect of telling them as being very beneficial. Conversely, if they are not supportive, the prospect of telling them, almost without a doubt, will be detrimental to my experience at The Citadel while I am waiting on an appointment.