Access to the Academy


5-Year Member
Dec 12, 2014
Just realized my passport expired last summer and my state is noncompliant with drivers license and I am supposed to tour USCGA Saturday with my son. My son has valid passport so he can get in, but any ideas for me? There is a number to call for access questions in morning but any thoughts?
I would suggest that you call. When I took my DD to Cadet For a Day we both had to provide our drivers licenses at the gate while driving in. He scanned both with a reader similar to going through TSA at an airport.
Concur with KP Eng, I recommend that you contact the Admissions office. They may be able to offer an alternative form of ID. If one cannot be found, it may be that your son will have to complete the tour without you. While disappointing for you, at least your son will still be able to get a feel for the campus. There is also plenty of things to do in the surrounding area while you wait.