Any chance of finding out sooner than 04/15?

Discussion in 'Coast Guard Academy - USCGA' started by Lucky10, Mar 22, 2011.

  1. Lucky10

    Lucky10 Lucky10 5-Year Member

    Nov 15, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Does anyone have any experience with Admissions being kind enough to let an applicant know a little earlier if its a no or not likely? I am encouraging her to call and ask, but as a rule follower, she is resisting:)

    Our DD, if fortunate enough to be accepted, would be unable to compete with her team at Nationals as she would have to report before the event occurs. She needs to participate and pay (quite a bit of $) to travel to and attend qualifiers in the next four weeks. Her team has always qualified, so it is unlikely they won't. We are hesitant to spend the money and to put the team in the situation where she will hold her roster spot, if she is unable to play @ Nationals. Her coach is aware, but keeps asking us what we know now. Rosters are locked by who is in the qualifier so his inquiry is reasonable.

    Any advice? Suggestions?
  2. LineInTheSand

    LineInTheSand USCGA 2006 5-Year Member

    Nov 25, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Give them a call. The worst the can do is say "no wait".

    If that happens, you could look at it like this:

    She gets in but you've paid: Oh well, you aren't paying a dime for college.

    She doesn't get in but you'e paid: Proceed as planed.
  3. USNA1982BGO

    USNA1982BGO 5-Year Member Retired Staff Member

    Jul 24, 2009
    Likes Received:
    LIS, I concur. The worst Admissions can say is "no decision has been reached yet."

Share This Page