My son has been offered an AROTC scholarship to his first or second choice school and needs submit his letter of intent by 12/19. He was notified verbally by the USMC Recruiter where he interviewed and took the PFT that he was selected for an NROTC Marine Option scholarship that would be good at any of the schools that he put on his scholarship application. This doesn't sound correct to me and we are waiting to see it in writing. The NROTC website still indicates that no decision has been made. My son's first choice is a service academy, and he is still waiting for a decision. After an academy, his next choice is the USMC, but the school is a major consideration. If he accepts the AROTC scholarship is it binding or can he later decline in order to accept an academy or the USMC scholarship? Thanks.