Remedials - how do I do them?

Discussion in 'Military Academy - USMA' started by Chockstock, Sep 30, 2009.

  1. Chockstock

    Chockstock "Forever One Team" 5-Year Member

    Feb 1, 2009
    Likes Received:
    So, I've been contacted by DODMERB requesting remedials for anal fissures. They would like me to send relevant documentation, but I am still unsure of how the process works. Do I send it to DODMERB by mail or by email? Also, although anal fissures is listed as not requiring another doctor visit, I was hoping to have my doctor fill out some "form" that gives his approval for me being medically qualified (the anal fissures have since then healed for the most part). Is there such a form that my doctor can fill out and I can send to DODMERB? Or is all that I can send the previous documentation regarding anal fissures that could put me in a bad light?

  2. mmb5

    mmb5 5-Year Member

    Sep 1, 2009
    Likes Received:
    See DODMBERB discussion

    The DODMerb discussion ( a different subforum) outlined a lot of the process recently. Here's from the USNA forum:

    Help! I’m in the DODMERB morass. What do I do?

    First of all, your BGO cannot help you. For privacy reasons, BGOs are told not to get involved in the medical part of the admissions process. If you scroll down on this site to the DODMERB forum, you will find nirvana – a place where all your DODMERB/medical questions will be answered. If it’s a general question, it will be answered publicly. If you have a question regarding your specific situation, you can contact Larry Mullen, the Deputy Director of DODMERB, directly and he will assist you. Be sure to include your full name and the last 4 digits of your SSN, so he can verify you’re legit. He is an OFFICIAL source – do not go elsewhere.

Share This Page