Service Connected Nomination Help?

Discussion in 'Military Academy - USMA' started by Commander_Tyler, May 30, 2014.

  1. Commander_Tyler

    Commander_Tyler Member

    May 30, 2014
    Likes Received:
    My name is Tyler and I am currently trying to gain admission to USMA, but I have a question about the Service Connected Nomination. My dad served in the army for 4 years and then served in the air force for 13 years. He was honorably discharged in the Airforce due to a sickness he received while on duty that put him on 40% disability. Is he qualified to give me a Presidential Nomination? And if so what do Paperwork do I need to send with the Nomination and what format is the nomination in?
    Thanks Everyone!
  2. Vradams

    Vradams 5-Year Member

    Sep 21, 2011
    Likes Received:
    Go the the USMA website. It will direct you with the form you need to mail to West Point. My son qualified for this ( husband's service) and it was a very easy process.

    Sent using the Service Academy Forums® mobile app
  3. 845something

    845something Member

    Feb 22, 2013
    Likes Received:
    To qualify for the presidential nomination, your parent must be either: retired (which will be on the DD214, on active duty for at least the last 8 years continuously, or have accumulated at least 2880 point while still serving in the guard or reserve. For the sons and daughters to qualify for the SDVET nominations, the parent must be 100% disabled or deceased while serving. In your case it looks like you won't qualify, UNLESS you father received a medical retirement. Check the DD214. Separated/discharged won't cut it.

Share This Page