Waiting for appointment

esteller1

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
112
For us still waiting for responses and we are in March, does it mean we still have a chance? Got nominated for prep school but haven't received confirmation.
 

SimbaK

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
12
For us still waiting for responses and we are in March, does it mean we still have a chance? Got nominated for prep school but haven't received confirmation.
I don't understand how you were nominated for prep and still waiting? Do you mean they have reviewed your packet and the bears den stated prep school?
 

esteller1

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
112
My coach said I was nominated for prep school but still have to be accepted by board for prep, apparently
 

Temple17

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2017
Messages
163
From what I understand, the admissions officers review your application. Then they recommend you from Appointment, Prep, or Denial. After that, the Final Review Board will look over your application. Most of the time they stick with what the admissions officers recommended.
 

esteller1

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
112
Great, thank you for that information. Makes me feel at ease. I've been waiting since February 8 for final decision.
 

Alaskan

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
352
For us still waiting for responses and we are in March, does it mean we still have a chance? Got nominated for prep school but haven't received confirmation.
How is one "nominated" for prep school? My DS received a conditional appointment for CGAS.
 

SimbaK

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
12
I am in Virginia. According to the handbook, each record is independently reviewed by at least two
board members who will recommend that the applicant receive an appointment, be considered for an
appointment to the Coast Guard Academy Scholars (CGAS) Preparatory School Program, or not be
offered an appointment to the Academy or CGAS Program.
 

BerryJam

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
26
DS submitted in late October, so yes, the wait has been really long. Research the good advice on this forum and make sure your Plan B (and more, if necessary) is in place. DS has deposit into Plan B school, but will gladly give it up if he gets the call for CGA late in the game.
 
Top