Discussion in 'Coast Guard Academy - USCGA' started by HillTop, Mar 12, 2016.
We have heard nothing to date, so is it safe to assume there will be a rejection?
If you haven't heard anything yet hang in there. There is still time for things to go either way for you.
grevar would definitely know more than myself but I read somewhere in one of the other threads that they have not even finished reviewing all the applications yet. Don't get discouraged. If you look at the thread from last year, there were people still getting spots around the end of March.
April 1 is the date when all RA decisions are published. I would bet there will not be another round of decisions published between now and then but that is just a guess.
There is also a chance for wait listed applicants. Don't forget, Appointees have until May 1 to accept or decline. While most accept/decline before that many will wait until then to see if another opportunity opens up.
Does that mean that if you haven't been notified that you are either rejected or on a wait list?
No. They are not through all reviews yet. There will still be appointments issued from RA. You will be notified if you are either appointed, rejected, or placed on the wait list.
Thanks- not having done this before, are those still waiting going ahead with deposits on their colleges?
That is recommended. Some colleges understand the wait for a Service Academy response, and some have refunded the entire deposit. Some have not refunded any, and been quite stinky about it. (This is the experience of other families, not ours)
2 weeks to go!! Patiently watchful waiting for my son, will he be in electrical engineering at USCGA, Univ Washington, or Wash State Univ? Tick Tick Tick
I know, I know, I know! I have twin boys - so we are waiting on numerous things in our house, from all over the place!
We are sailing with belt and suspenders. Daughter has an Associate of General Studies earned in HS so she applied at USCGA and a state 4 yr uni.
She has already been accepted there and the CG recruiter is the first stop we make if she gets a rejection to start paperwork on the CSPI program.
What is the CSPI Program?
EDIT: Nevermind, Google is my friend
Our DS placed his deposit and filled out all the paperwork at his 2nd choice college, including signing his NLI for football. Would not ask for a refund, just consider it part of the costs involved. DS doesn't talk about his hopes except with his sister, who is at USMMA. She gave him encouragement, saying USCGA is the last to complete their regular admissions process, and to just forget about it until you are given a decision to make. Sound advice. He does touch base every few weeks with the coaches. I've noticed him playing the piano every night before he goes to bed the past week...he does that when he's stressed. Decisions should be made in two weeks, and I know there could be several options. We're good.
Separate names with a comma.