As I read and think and wait for news from USNA, my mind cannot help but to wander to my Plan B schools. Attending USNA has been a dream of mine since visiting when I was very young- and only recently became a feasible plan, one which I doubt the success of if I don't get an appointment for c/o 2021. Don't get me wrong- as of this moment I would give up my first born to have an appointment, but I also want to feel secure with my other options (and how much money I could potentially "waste") and feel comfortable knowing a little more about the process a second time around. I've posted questions below that I haven't found answers to as well as a conversation starter, please feel free to comment any information that you believe is pertinent/relevant to this topic. I greatly appreciate everyone's help. To the college re- applicants: When did you re-start your application process? How was it different? What helped to continue along this path despite finding a new "home" at another school? What did you do that made you successful? What did you tell yourself the second time around that differed from the first? To the vets on this site: Do you have any recommendations about asking Admissions what went wrong with the application package? Any sage advice for succeeding in the other commissioning routes? To parents: How did you react, and what did you do differently the second time around? Would you say that your DD/DS benefitted from a second/ third round? To other candidates: What are your thoughts? Do you think it's a shot in the dark or a relentless pursuit of a long term goal? What are your plans if you do end up Plan B-ing for a year, for two years?