Where do I send more info?

Discussion in 'DoDMERB' started by rtaylork, May 20, 2016.

  1. rtaylork

    rtaylork Member

    Feb 16, 2016
    Likes Received:

    I received the NROTC scholarship and was medically disqualified. The medical folks requested additional information but I'm not sure where to send it.

  2. thegrippos

    thegrippos Member

    Apr 26, 2016
    Likes Received:
    You need to send all supporting documentation to the DoDMERB. From there it is auto loaded to the waiver website for appropriate waiver authority to review. Best of luck!
  3. MiltyMTU

    MiltyMTU Member

    May 4, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Look at the letter DODMERB sent you for your Additional medical information. It gives you an email address, fax line, and a postal address to send your AMI to. If you haven't received the letter specifying this, call DODMERB and they will direct you
  4. AJC

    AJC Member

    Dec 1, 2014
    Likes Received:
    If you are mailing it make a copy of everything before you send it.
    No matter how you send it if you do not see an entry on your status page that it has been reviewed follow up.
    More than likely if you were DQ'd you will still be after they review the AMI. But that is normal and is the first step in the waiver process. If they only asked for an AMI then there is the possibility that the issue could be cleared without a DQ.
    For example they asked for more information about my son's head injury. After receiving the AMI they cleared it. He was still DQ'd for past shoulder surgery. That waiver is in process. Then he was DQ'd for appendix surgery. That should be waived after the 6 month waiting period. His ROO ask the school he will be attending told him to not be concerned as stuff like this happens all the time. Of course the ROO is not the one that grants the waiver but has dealt with 80+ scholarships (school is a SMC) a year for the last many years, so if they say not to worry then we won't worry. Plus worrying has no impact on the process.

Share This Page