Attended NASS Session 1 in June. Finished USNA application early July, cleared by DoDMERB mid July, BG interview completed first week in Aug. NROTC App completed in August. All MOC Apps completed and sent Mid-August awaiting interview. The issue is an offer of early decision to a Little-Ivy which mandates a signed agreement upon acceptance that one withdraws all other college applications with the agreement/acceptance of admissions due November 29th (my guess is that if they are holding a spot for you, they in return want to be sure you're going). The Little Ivy was my plan B, but can one risk giving up a guaranteed spot to a top ranked College, along with positions on both their football and track team as a recruited athlete in hopes of a non-guaranteed nomination (very competitive state) and hopeful offer of Admission to the USNA? As Much as the USNA is my goal, being left at the end with neither scares the heck out of me. I can always defer to regular decision at the little-Ivy giving more time to confirm a nomination and offer from the NA, but this lessens the chance of a guaranteed admission to the little-Ivy. My view based on the best information at hand suggest it wise to go with a sure thing rather then hope on a dream, as history dictates the Decision Board beat by their own drummer. Both would provide a great education be it different, and with equal effort provide a great future. But not being one to settle tears at me when I weigh the risks with this one.