1. North Texas U.S. Service Academies Forum - Mansfield, TX - 29 April 2017 - More Information . Click the "x" to dismiss notice.
    Dismiss Notice

3 Year scholarship

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by ARMYHOAH, Jan 31, 2011.


    ARMYHOAH 5-Year Member

    Jan 31, 2011
    Likes Received:
    If anyone has any knowledge please let me know
    I received a 3 year AD scholarship from the school I now attend, therefore i do not fully contract till next fall. however I am going to school very far away from home and i was wondering if you can transfer that scholarship or is it only campus based? Not sure how they work fully
  2. gojack

    gojack .... 5-Year Member

    Jul 1, 2010
    Likes Received:
    To transfer an Army ROTC scholarship you need the permission of your current PMS and the PMS at the school you want to transfer too.
  3. Jcleppe

    Jcleppe 5-Year Member

    Feb 10, 2010
    Likes Received:
    A lot depends on whether the scholarship was offered from Cadet Command to you prior to going to school and it was a National 3 year AD Scholarship offer. If this is the case you may be to transfer the scholarship if all the planets align correctly with your school's cadre and cadet command.

    If the scholarship was offered to you once you began school then it is most likely a campus based scholarship, in that case it would probably not be able to be transferred.

    Of course it is best to talk to your cadre, they will know best, you might also want to contact the school you would like to transfer the scholarship.

Share This Page