DS accepted his 3 year scholarship yesterday after a stressful few weeks visiting and choosing between the 3 schools. He is still torn between his #1 on the list and one other great in-state school that was not on his offer. I realize that most schools make you leave a deposit or make a decision by May 1. How late into the spring can you or should you request a transfer? We didn't see anything about a transfer deadline in the winner instructions. Thanks
Had your DS listed the "great in-state school" on his original list of colleges on the scholarship application? If so, where was it ranked? It may be that this school already has their full allotment of scholarship winners and will not be able to accept transfers. I would check in with the ROO of that school before he spends much time on this. 4 years ago when my DD won her scholarship, her #1, #2 and #4 schools were offered. She called the ROO at the #3 school to find out if she could transfer to that school and was told they couldn't take any more, which is why it wasn't offered in the original offer letter.