Awarded 4 Year AROTC Scholarship. Can I change my intended major?

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by 14cehle, Apr 3, 2014.

  1. 14cehle

    14cehle New Member

    Apr 3, 2014
    Likes Received:
    I just received notice that my 3 year AD scholarship was upgraded to a 4 year one. It says that my 3 year scholarship to study physical therapy has been upgraded to a 4. The only problem is I no longer want to study physical therapy. I want to major in secondary education. Will I be allowed to do this? I really want to be an officer and serve, but I realize that PT is not for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. Jcleppe

    Jcleppe 5-Year Member

    Feb 10, 2010
    Likes Received:
    This could get a little tricky.

    PT is an ADM2, Education is an ADM1.

    Going from a lower number to a higher number is usually not an issue, going from a larger number down is where things can get more involved.

    You should talk with your ROO as soon as possible and let them know your intentions. This type of change will most likely involve Brigade and Cadet Command approval. Only your new battalion will know the best way to proceed, contact them soon.

Share This Page