I've been awarded the NROTC Scholarship Marine Option, and I have accepted it for the UC Berkeley unit (I would go to Stanford University). I'm currently going through the DoDMERB process. My dilemma is this: I haven't been accepted to Stanford yet, and I'm afraid if I wait until I find out (admission decisions April 1st) to request a transfer to Georgia Tech (I've already been accepted to GT), then I'll never move off the waiting list. Then, I would lose the scholarship and my obligation to the Marine Corps (I was in the Delayed Entry Program before I accepted the scholarship). I've been told that with everything that I have going for me in my admissions package, if I call Stanford and tell them that I got the scholarship, that would significantly increase my chances of getting in. Still, I'm not so sure... I thought it may be possible to request a transfer now to Georgia Tech, and if I later find out that I was accepted to Stanford, I could request a transfer back. Comments? Another concern is the room and board factor. The scholarship doesn't pay for room and board, and room and board at Stanford is much more expensive than Georgia Tech. Plus, I'd have to commute to and from UC Berkeley while at Stanford, whereas Tech has it's own unit. After a bit of browsing in these forums, I read that sometimes colleges will pay for room and board for students with the NROTC scholarship, but I didn't see anything about Tech or Stanford. tl;dr: should I wait to hear from Stanford to request a transfer to Georgia Tech, or request a transfer ASAP?