As one poster said, how was it you "found out today?" And, its not so much any of us out here in forum-land need to know that, but unless you received a signed letter from your MOC to your s/d, if it were me, I'd have my son or daughter proceed as if nothing has changed -- because until you get definitive information, nothing has changed, except for what you've heard.
There is a lot of confusion in a time like this, because most MOC's staffs are young and have never experienced the situation. But, usually there is a key staff person who handles the MOC's service academy nominations. It may be the local office is making an assumption, or the staff in Washington has put "everything" on hold, pending what they can do and what they must suspend. Meanwhile, try to get to and talk with that "key" staff person.
This is all doable if they wish to make it happen. Pursue the information, let your admissions counselor(s) and BGO's/ALO's/etc know and seek their input, but don't give up until you get a positive, written confirmation.