Cross Commissioning between branches with national scholarship.


New Member
Aug 15, 2017
If a person were to receive an 4 year national Army ROTC Scholarship but wants to be in the air force is it possible to go threw the 4 years of the scholarship in ARMY ROTC and cross commission into the Air Force. The school that offers the ARMY ROTC program also offers Air Force ROTC.
Yes it is possible through a Cross-Commissioning Conditional Release Request. You must obtain release from your current commission program (the PMS) AND request appointment to your desired branch through a commissioning program.
And when they say hard to do... they are talking less than a handful and there needs to be a pretty good reason.