PLEASE HELP - I'm hoping you can help us and relieve some anxiety... (Apologies for the long post!) As of today, my daughter's DODMERB application status on the website states the following: Applicant Entry: 04/02/2007 Correspondence - Reviewed Medical at Program(s) Request: 05/30/2007 Correspondence - Single Disqualification: 05/28/2007 Correspondence - Single Disqualification: 06/13/2007 Appointment Scheduling Date: *NONE* Exam Received: 05/29/2007 Date posted to Waiver Authority: 06/13/2007 Current Medical Status (as of 6/13/2007): Pending Waiver Submission/Review R152.02 - Obtain a dilated fundoscopic exam R259.01 - Applicant DQ - Waiver Authority requests additional information D004.00 - Orthodontic appliances D155.70 - Myopia - Refractive error greater than -8.00 diopters (spherical equivalent) On June 5th, we sent the results of her fundoscopic exam from her civilian opthamalogist stating that there were no problems found ...and we sent the Orthodontic questionnaire stating that her estimated date of removal of orthodontic appliances as "Beginning of Aug. 07" We sent all these remedial results June 5th, 2007 and was received by DODMERB on June 7th, 2007. Today, June 16th, we received another DODMERB letter stating - ".... you do not meet medical standards due to the following conditions: Current orthodontic appliances (see the Orthodontic Appliances Disqualification Information attachment) If you wish to rebut DODMERB's findings or if you decide to request a waiver...etc" We're a little confused because this recent letter is asking for her orthdontist to fill out a questionnaire similar to the first questionnaire. Is this recent letter an overlap of the first letter or a reply to the first orthodontic questionnaire we mailed in? Her braces were supposed to be removed this month but her orthodontist wanted to just "tweek" it just a little more and pushed off the date to early August before she goes off to college. So, if she absolutely has to have it off before August, that would not be a problem. But that brings me to my other confusion: R252.80 states braces have to be removed prior to entrance to an ROTC program; but the questionnaire forms states it has to be removed prior to being commissioned at the end of the ROTC program. Which is correct? Do we just wait to see if the waiver for both issues have been addressed? Or should I have her orthodontist remove her braces now and have her complete a new questionnaire with an earlier treatment end-date? I have reviewed practically all the posts on this DODMERB thread and hope that my assumption that her chances of getting these items waived are good. But for just a little more reassurance (or maybe a reality check) can you please give me your thoughts on these issues. Thank you so much in advance!