- Jun 16, 2016
We seem to be later than others
My DS will be applying next year. I'm interested in hearing from fellow South Carolinians on MOC nominations. Good luck to you. Maybe our Senators do take longer.
I wrote down some questions from one of my SC MOC interviews. They asked what I expected and what I found online.
1. How was your Summer Seminar experience? (I went to NASS)
2. What reasoning do you have for ranking your academies this way?
3. Why the military? What do you want to do in particular?
4. How would you feel being in the infantry? (From a Marine Colonel naturally!)
5. Why did you fill out all of the application essays when you only had to choose one of the four? (Ha. It was an accident.)
6. There are lots of qualified candidates here. What do you want us to know? (Kinda tough to think of something I hadn't already said in those 3,000 extra words I submitted. )
7. What questions do you have for us?
Lasted 20 minutes. Here are the most important things:
1. Know about your academies and service branches. Have some stuff in mind that you want say but also
2. Be calm, be confident! Makes a world of difference. Don't recite answers robotically and slow down if you need to.
3. Be yourself! That is who they want to see.
4. Talk to the people in the lobby – fellow candidates and staffers. You'll all clear your throats and get more confident speaking about yourself
Some others I remember "Define leadership." "What makes a good leader?" Have great responses prepared for all of these.
Congratulations on receiving principal nominee, the door has been cracked open halfway for you. All USNA admissions needs to door is open the rest door.Uh so I just called his office and I have been named his principal nominee. Oh my god.
Congrats! That's awesomeUh so I just called his office and I have been named his principal nominee. Oh my god.
Is your DD applying this year?Sanford calls his principal nominee.
Congratulations to your DD! I have received a nom. from Sanford (not the principle) and am waiting to hear about Graham's. I heard that his started showing up on accounts today from my BGO but not sure if that means they've all gone out or they're still filing through. Fingers crossed and I hope to see her on I-Day!Nope. DD is a plebe. [emoji4]
Just got an email from SC BGO coordinator... Says Graham's noms started appearing on accounts today. Not sure if this means they all are up or they are still picking and choosing but as of now, nothing for me