Options for Community College Transfer Student?

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by DukeFool, Sep 3, 2011.

  1. DukeFool

    DukeFool YahooUser 5-Year Member

    Jun 24, 2009
    Likes Received:
    With the budget cuts in the military, I'm just wondering what remaining scholarships there are for transfer students like me. I've seen that the Air Force ROTC In-College Scholarships had cease to exist in their website. Are there other options for an officer commission other than ROTC and OTS/OCS? I have always wanted to lead and feel like there is no chance for me with all of these cuts.
  2. Pima

    Pima 5-Year Member

    Nov 28, 2007
    Likes Received:
    To be commissioned into the military you must hold a 4yr college degree, that includes enlisted who apply for OCS...understand that not only did they halt IS for college, but delayed OCS boards for personnel electing non-rated.

    So basically if you want to be an officer you need to get the degree.

    You can try the enlisted route and apply for AFA, BUT that is insanely competitive and you need command support from your base. Nobody in their right mind would say to go this route as a safety.

    I would suggest you look at the sticky on this forum to see if any of the schools you are interested in give an assist to the cost for attendance. Some colleges will allow OOS cadets pay IS tuition, some give reduced R &B.

    Talk to your AFROTC liaison.

Share This Page