In answer to statements on another Forum (Diversity) that was definately pulling into a siding. Perception is not fact. The incorrect perceptions were fueled by those who opposed the war and still not sufficiently disputed. "Of all the men and women who served in Vietnam, 275,000 or 10.6% were Black. The remaining 88.4% were Caucasian. Blacks represented approximately 12.5% of the population." "86.8% of those KIA were Caucasian, while 12.1% or 5,711, were Black" (2.08% of those 275,000 who served) "25% of those who actually served in Vietnam were drafted. The remaining 75% voluntered for service in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. Less than 38% of those KIA were draftees." One caveat here. Up until 1968 The Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard were all volunteer which probably messes the numbers. In 1968 the Marines started pulling draftees. Just the facts maam. These figures are from The Combat Area Casualty File (CAFC1193) November 1993. This is the authority for the Wall.