I was recently awarded a three-year ROTC scholarship to George Mason University. While I am ecstatic that I received the scholarship, and GMU is high on my list, it is not my first choice. My first and second choices for college are American University and Georgetown University, respectively. I was accepted to American and am waiting to hear back from Georgetown. I accepted the scholarship to GMU with the intent of trying to transfer it to AU or GU when the window of transferring scholarships opened. My question is: since I accepted the scholarship to George Mason and was accepted to the college, am I required to go there in the case that my scholarship doesn't get transferred to AU or GU? My plan was that if I don't get the scholarship transfer from GMU, I can still go to AU or GU (especially since AU gave me a pretty sunstantial scholarship anyway) for ROTC and reapply for a scholarship next year. But it occurred to me today that I might be locked by the ROTC into going to GMU if my scholarship doesn't transfer. Could anyone clear this up for me?