I apologize for the long read, I feel I should explain the situation before jumping in. So my problem/question is basically summed up in the title. I accepted an AROTC scholarship from my top choice school's battalion before their decision letters were released. Unfortunately I was not accepted into the school and now I have been working on writing a request for transferring my AROTC scholarship to my #2 school. However, people within the AROTC program at my #1 school have still advised me to appeal to admissions as they have been very successful in vouching for their possible cadets in previous years, a.k.a overturning the decision and getting them into the school. This leaves me in an awkward position as I still need to transfer my scholarship to another school but I could possibly end up having to transfer it back if the decision is overturned. The appeal decision comes back mid-May, transfers must be requested by April 17. If anyone has gone through this particular scenario what did you end up doing? Any feedback is much appreciated.