Transferring Schools as an MSII Scholarship Cadet


5-Year Member
Nov 9, 2013
I am currently attending an out-of-state school on scholarship, and I am an MSII. The school I am attending is not working out nearly as well as I had hoped, and the extra scholarships I received from this school is no longer an important enough factor to make it worth it to stay here.

My question is: Is it possible to transfer my scholarship to an in-state school and remain in ROTC without having to pay back the 2 years of scholarship I have received so far? If not, is it possible to remain in ROTC at my new school (without the scholarship) and still commission, without having to pay back the money I have received so far?

I don't want my Cadre to think that my heart isn't in it anymore, but a transfer of schools has become unavoidable for a variety of reasons.

Thank you for taking any time to help me out; I'm just trying to explore options in order to see what my best course of action would be.
I sense you are trying to be discreet with your post lest your cadre find out. If your user name contains your real name, I would request the Forum Administrator (@TacticalNuke ) to change it.

@clarksonarmy would be the best person to answer your question. Hopefully he will chime in here.
You need to talk to the cadre at the school you'd like to transfer to, and your cadre. You will have to request the transfer, and it will have to be supported by both PMSs and the brigade. It can be done. You should do it soon, since there is concerned about making mission in your year group, so folks might be a little more willing to support retaining a good cadet.
Thank you both for your responses. I plan on contacting Cadre at the new school ASAP, and then I will talk to my current Cadre.

Would the fact that the two schools are in different brigades affect the possibility of the transfer working out?