- Nov 28, 2007
You should have received a letter stating your application was complete and sent to the boards. There should be a POC (point of Contact) listed on that paper, call that person and ask the question. They will definitely be able to answer the question.We were wondering the same thing. Son's file was complete before the November boards, but he hasn't heard anything yet. Maybe he got passed over this time, but he has an LOA for West Point (AROTC is plan B). November must have been really competitive!
Is your POC Mrs. C? If so she warmed up after a couple of calls and helped us out.Once again, similar story - received three system-generated emails on 12/6 saying that the file was considered complete and that we should hear something no later than May 30th. This after receiving an email on 11/17 saying that the file was complete and forwarded to the board for review. May try calling the POC again, but prior conversations haven't been that cordial.
Probably just keep waiting. The real wait is for a waiver from USMA (AROTC has already granted a waiver). Waiting appears to be a very common theme on these forums. . .
I feel ya, I'm in a similiar situation and yet STILL have not heard from the freakin November board!I don't think there is a December board is there? I have a dilemma because my first choice school has accepted me and I have to decide whether to enroll or not by Jan. 15 since I applied ED. Only problem is I haven't gotten an AROTC scholarship from them yet and I cannot go there without it.
josh5sox, have you called the admissions office of your top choice school and explained the dilemma to them? I'm sure they would be willing to work with you to extend your deadline. Is this an early decision where you have contracted to be bound to their acceptance decision, or early action where you have a choice to accept or decline? Would you mind sharing what college is your top choice?Wow, I have a dilemma now. The January board will meet from the 13th-15th and as an early decision applicant at my first choice school I must commit by Jan. 15th. So, now I have no idea what to do.