Change of heart

karebear

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2016
Messages
74
I got an offer of appointment to USMA and USNA. However, I received USNA first and was so overjoyed, I accepted it right on the spot. I didn't think that I would receive an offer from USMA but I got one 6 days after receiving USNA's. That's when I decided to really think about it and consider which academy fits my desires more for commissioning. I finally decided USMA so should I email USNA letting them know I have changed my mind? What is the proper way of informing the academies? My 7th semester is also a little weak compared to my other semesters, so is there a possibility that USMA might not want me anymore? I already sent in my 7th semester to USMA a couple weeks ago and nothing happened. I got all A's and two C's (in AP Physics 2 and AP Calc BC). Any advice would be appreciated?
 

brovol

5-Year Member
Joined
May 26, 2015
Messages
1,622
The grades will be fine. Stay solid this last semester though.

If you are 100% certain on USMA then I think emailing is acceptable notice. Be thoughtful and respectful, but be sure to end with, GO ARMY!! BEAT NAVY!!
 

buff81

Moderator
10-Year Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
3,023
A few year's ago, we had a friend decline USNA. They had to sign the back of the appointment, declining it, and mail it back.
Does USNA still require you to return the appointment?
 

karebear

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2016
Messages
74
I do not know. I have no declined it yet so I will see... I never heard of this happening though.
 
Top