- Nov 25, 2017
- Is a personal IPad a good idea? Does the Academy’s WiFi work with it?
- Are cadets instructed to bring their own backpacks? If so, what models do you guys recommend? 5.11 tactical? If not, what model is issued out to the Cadets?
- What type of multi tool would you guys recommend? Any essential tools for Beast/everyday life?
- What type of boots should I purchase and break in? How are the approved Nike boots?
- Any special tips a prospective candidate should know to put themselves ahead?
- Definitely recommend an iPad. I use mine for everything and I've stopped using binders and notebooks for most things. Most work is digital right now because of the virus and I expect it to be sustained for awhile. Get one with capabilities for an Apple Pencil, I don't know what I'd do without it.
- The new Plebes got issued extremely nice, expensive backpacks. That one is fine.
- Leatherman Mutt. You don't really need it until Cadet Field Training, but it is a good tool to have on hand and you'll make friends easily.
- Belleville AMRAP or Garmont NFS, whichever fits your feet better. I love the AMRAPs; they are light and the most comfortable and supportive boot I've worn. Don't get Nike boots.
- Network with your Regional Commander. Demonstrate interest. This is huge.
I am a yearling who has completed CBT and CFT.