Discussion in 'ROTC' started by Soldiergriz, Nov 27, 2017.
Results coming out....check portals.
My son received email notification at 3:15 Central.
Email notification wrapped by Santa?
Yes. A pretty nice gift for my son.
Yes I just received good news on being selected. I'm surprised the second board was released this early.
My son received an early Christmas gift as well!
Congratulations to all . Break out the bubble wrap. Outstanding news and so the journey begins.
DD just find out today too
Uh oh...DDs still says no decision. This was her 1st board for her application. Does this mean she didn't make this board?
If she has no change to her portal, most likely.
Numerous boards remain for NROTC. Best of luck to your daughter!
Not so sure if you all would like to post the school your going to but there are some on here that might be able to help with information on the unit your DD or DS is going to.
In advance my DS attends the U of South Carolina. Good solid unit the skipper is just ending his first yr. Stadium clean-up after football games!
My son has tough decisions ahead:
- 4-Year AFROTC Scholarship - accepted to University of Texas - Austin
- 4-Year AROTC Scholarship - accepted to Colorado School of Mines
- 4-Year NROTC Scholarship - placed at University of Texas - Austin. Will accept.
***He has an application in EA with Georgia Tech and may try to move it there if accepted.
Info reference NROTC at UT-Austin or Georgia Tech might help him.
Similar decision to make here! Will be harder should he receive an appointment. Almost easier if the choice was only one. We are waiting to hear on acceptance to CSOM as well! Lots of research to be done over the Holiday break!
Just curious, why accept AFROTC at UT-Austin already and NROTC at same school when deadline for AFROTC is 31 May and Type 1 scholarship can be used at any participating school?
I think GT hosts an AFROTC Program if I'm not mistaken.
Did your DS get already accepted to all this Colleges?, did he apply early admission?
DS was notified yesterday of NROTC Scholarship for Virginia Tech - his first choice. Now has to wait to April for regular decision as EA is binding at VT.
Part of the reason his decision is tough is he wants to be a pilot. He has bunches of friends going to UT. He also loves Colorado School of Mines - he visited last spring. He is accepting the scholarships - and will most likely go to UT for AF or Navy, or CSM for Army. I never had these kind of choices growing up.
He is accepted into UT-Austin, Colorado School of Mines, and several others including Texas A&M. He is pending decisions at Georgia Tech, Purdue, and a couple of others. He did apply EA.
My daughter got an ISR awarded in August but it just got through the Board and we were notified yesterday that she was approved and placed at her first choice school. So excited and proud! Now here’s hoping she gets into the school!!! Congrats to all!
He can go aviation in any of the services. I would keep NROTC at UT-A and keep AFROTC open until other schools come back and then decide. Just my two cents.
Separate names with a comma.