Here's DS's situation: Accepted to 4 public universities, first choice is Texas A&M (the only one of the four on the NROTC Scholarship list). This is his plan B, still waiting on news of merit and Corps of Cadet scholarships. Noms received for USNA, no LOA - just in waiting mode. He just discovered the opportunity for NROTC scholarship. Somehow that info just fell through the cracks in all the hubbub of getting nomination apps and USNA app done. He looked it up and the app deadline for NROTC is 31 Jan. Since A&M is the only college on the list that he is interested in, would you advise that he go ahead and apply for NROTC scholarship at this late date? And is that even possible to start the app this late? If he is not offered a USNA appointment, he plans on trying again next year. He has already put down a housing deposit at A&M as well and will accept admission even if he does receive an appointment (just in case).