Its actually an odd situation. I received the TWE the end of April, 2017. I held out hope for a late appointment but never got one. So, I committed to plan B at a 4 year university on a scholarship. Around July 10th, I received a phone call from USAFA asking if I was still interested in an appointment and that I had to make a decision right then on the phone. At that point, I had already made several commitments and given zero time to consider it, I turned it down. I certainly didn't expect that phone call and felt at that very moment, I made the best decision I could.