Hi everyone, this is going to be a long post. I have just been informed by my RD that my medical waiver for USMA has been denied. This is a unique case, so I was hoping to provide you guys with all the details, and see if there would be a best way to proceed. So here is my waiver story... I was born in 1996 in New York City. Before I was born, the docs did a number of tests to check for any genetic conditions that might exist, unfortunately, they found that I had the Genotype for a disease called Gaucher's type 1. This disease is pretty rare, only about 1 in 50,000 people in the general population get diagnosed. This is the most mild form of the mutation, and if I were to become symptomatic I would experience mild bone pain and a slightly enlarged spleen. The good news is that the is that I have never experienced any symptoms of the disease. Furthermore, only about 50% of individuals with the diagnosis become symptomatic later in life. The disease is highly treatable either via enzyme therapy or oral medications. I have followed up with a doctor every year regarding the condition just to be safe, and monitor for symptoms. So, last year I applied for ROTC and USMA. I didn't get into USMA but I was awarded a 4 year Army ROTC scholarship. I accepted the scholarship and the waiver was requested. I have been waiting about a year for a response. Based on what I've heard from Cadet Command, my waiver is currently in the office of the Surgeon General of the Army waiting review. In the meantime, I reapplied to USMA. Unlike last year, they put in for a waiver request. I just heard from my RD on the phone that it was denied. The premise of the denial is that even though I will probably make it through USMA asymptomatic, I wouldn't be granted a waiver to commission as an officer because of the possibility that I would become symptomatic then. I provided DODMERB with my entire medical history last year. This included a letter from my doctor describing my diagnosis, and that I have never had any symptoms of the disease. At this point I was wondering if there was anything I could do to possibly reverse the waiver decision. Do I call DODMERB, DODMERB Consultants, my RD, or just call it quits? If it seems impossible that my waiver decision for USMA would be reversed, I don't want to waste anyone's time. On the other hand, I have dreamt of going to USMA for a while, and gone through the trouble of going through the application process twice, and I would hate to just give up the fight. I appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read through this post, I know that this is a bizarre situation. If anyone had advice on approaching a possible waiver appeal, or any other advice regarding this process it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated.