Who to contact for college specific ROTC informatoon

Discussion in 'ROTC' started by Chas3down, Feb 10, 2013.

  1. Chas3down

    Chas3down New Member

    Jan 9, 2013
    Likes Received:
    I am looking to contact a person on the MSU battalion to find out how scholarship vs non-scholarship cadets are treated (drills, uniforms, etc..) Who should I email to receive information about this? armyrotc.msu.edu/staff.html
    here is a staff list, I was considering the enrollment officer, but not sure. if someone else would better. also, what are usually some of the main concerns that non-scholarship cadets usually face?
  2. kinnem

    kinnem Moderator 5-Year Member

    Oct 21, 2010
    Likes Received:
    You could probably contact anyone at the unit but the enrollment officer would be good. However, you will find that scholarship (more accurately contracted) cadets and non-scholarship cadets are treated exactly the same with the exception of summer training opportunities. Such opportunities are reserved for contracted cadets. Otherwise you'll have all the same leadership opportunities any other scholarship cadet has.
  3. clarksonarmy

    clarksonarmy Recruiting Operations Officer at Clarkson Army 5-Year Member

    Mar 8, 2010
    Likes Received:
    The ROO is always the best first contact. They are the sales people, and will be the best place to start.

    Agree with kinnem regarding scholarship vs non scholarship. If you talk to MSU and they tell you something different you might want to start looking for another Battalion if you really want to be an Army Officer. There is no reason to treat a non scholarship cadet any different.

Share This Page