I just received a letter saying my DODMERB medical exam was disqualified because of a history of adjustment disorder. I am very shocked because I have never had any mental health problems and there is no record of any mental health problems on my file. I have been told that there is a waiver process but I am concerned about the impact of this on my general USAFA application
1) immediately obtain a copy of the copy - from the sender - of the records sent to dodmerb
2) read every word in that record and find out where the adjustment disorder was stated, review for precision, or miscommunication, into the record, of what actually happened
3) read through the wikipedia description of adjustment disorder ("Unlike major depression, the disorder is caused by an outside stressor and generally resolves once the individual is able to adapt to the situation")
. Understand that "DSMIV" diagnoses are simply elaborate pidgeon holing.
4) Bring a copy of this record to your nearest Service Academy friendly physician and ask for a rewording, include how the perceived 'disorder' resolved (medicine, or time, or nothing needed to be resolved...). consider enlisting the help of "Larry Mullen" i believe is a Dodmerb consultant.
5) Tomorrow Saturday morning it not too soon to start. At this point EVERY DAY counts!!