I have been watching the forum for a while now, but never have posted before. I have seen on this forum that other candidates have been in this situation, but I would love some advice: I have received an appointment for West Point, but am waitlisted for USNA. I was very honest with West Point that they were my 2nd choice and that USNA is exactly what I wanted. Along with other reasons, I am going to turn down the appointment (haven't done it yet). I have never applied to a service academy before, yet I am already at a fairly good 4-year college. My plan is to stay there if I do not get in (they do not have NROTC so I will try to plan club volleyball as a supplement?) and reapply in the event I get denied. I say this to say I have a Plan B so turning down West Point would not leave me stranded. I guess I am just looking for validation and help that this can work out... I know this is risky, but I believe being wait listed is a good sign. If there is anyone that has been in this situation before, I would love to talk to them!