The information in this thread is eye-opening for me. So my takeaway is there really isn’t anything I could’ve done differently (other than having DS notify USNA directly instead of through BGO). I’m happy that we were able to get a respectable university to take him last minute (and his scholarships to still be available). We’re awaiting a letter from USNA to see if he can reapply next year. He’s still committed to serving his country and hasn’t been shaken by this experience. I’m impressed by this kid. Thanks for all the feedback. As awful as this has been, I find some comfort in knowing we aren’t the only ones who have faced this situation. Side note: Anybody have contacts at Lockheed Martin? DS looking for a part time job now.