Here is my situation: I was awarded a four-year Army ROTC scholarship and am all squared away to attend Baylor University in the fall... BUT I have not yet been medically cleared through DODMERB. I am expecting to be cleared (they are only reviewing a laparoscopic appendectomy I had in February - no issues), but I want to have options in case all goes wrong. I also received a four-year Type 7 AFROTC scholarship (they have already cleared all of my medical stuff), which I would be interested in taking advantage of if the Army scholarship falls through. Unfortunately, I have not yet applied to any schools that I would be interested in using my AFROTC on (financial reasons). I have until the 31st of this month to upload a decision letter, and I'm concerned that in so short a time, I may not be able to send my transcripts and SAT scores, receive a decision, and be able to upload it to the Wings website. Soooo... at this point, I'm most interested in deferring my scholarship (if possible) for a year. Does anyone know how I might go about doing this/requesting to do this? Again, this is all assuming the worst case scenario (my not receiving a waiver from the ARMY, which I've heard is rare if the Air Force has already granted the waiver), but I just don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Thanks in advance!