I have an urgent issue that I'm hoping you all could help me out with. I'm entering my senior year of high school, and I am a candidate for the Naval Academy. I have been reading recently that most candidates do not receive offers of appointment until January, and it is not uncommon to not hear back until close to the deadline (April 15th). Now here is my problem: I am a competitive swimmer, and I am being recruited by some schools. For those unfamiliar, if you are being recruited to a school, and you choose to attend that school, you have to apply to it Early Decision (November 1st deadline). And since you are recruited, you essentially are guaranteed admission. Unfortunately, the USNA coach is not interested in recruiting me, which is a big blow to me in terms of likelihood of me being offered admission. However, I really want to attend USNA, so I am still continuing the application process (I am 95% done with the application, and have my B&G interview on Thursday) So, I know that most likely, I won't be able to go to any schools that I am getting recruited to (because I have to apply early decision there, and I almost certainly won't hear back from the Naval Academy by November 1st), which will not only forfeit my chance of admission at the civilian colleges I'm getting recruited by, but will also force me to apply to regular decision schools, prolonging the college application process by months, to hear back from the Naval Academy with an unknown outcome. I know some of you will say, "well, how bad do you want to attend USNA?" and the answer is pretty badly. But at the same time, I hope that you can understand that I'm trying to be practical. I know how competitive USNA is, and I'm not sure if I should forfeit getting recruited and applying ED to a school (and being done with college applications on November 1st), just to wait until possibly April 15th to hear back from the Naval Academy. I am also going to apply for NROTC, but please understand that my dream is to attend the Naval Academy. What do I do??? What are the chances I will hear back from USNA before the November 1st ED deadline? Should I take the chance? Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know what to do.